8 Week RYA / MCA Yachtmaster Coastal
No Previous Experience required
There is a lot of competition for jobs in the Professional Yachting Industry and the RYA Yachtmaster Coastal Certificate of Competence is currently being considered the minimum requirement for the student starting a Professional Yachting Career or for Private Yachting.
Our school's twenty three years experience will ensure that you get the best training available under safe conditions and have fun doing it.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a commercially endorsed RYA / MCA Yachtmaster Coastal certificate of competence which is valid for use as a Master of yachts up to 24m in length in category 3 waters (up to 20nm from a safe haven).
- STCW 95 (2010 Manila)
- RYA Competent Crew
- RYA Day Skipper Shorebased Theory
- RYA Day Skipper Practical
- RYA Yachtmaster Coastal / Offshore Shorebased Theory
- RYA Coastal Skipper Practical
- RYA Powerboat Level II
- RYA Short Range DSC VHF Radio
- RYA Diesel Engine Maintenance
- RYA Radar
- Online PPR
- You can include SA Sailing Day Skipper CoC
(a small extra cost is payable)
The Course outline
R 66 000 - Yachtmaster Sailing Courses
R 7 900 - STCW
R 4 160 - PBII
R 1 000 - Online PPR
R 79 060 - Total Course Fees incl VAT (Payable to Yachtmaster Sailing School)
Included in the Course fees is:
- All your training and Certificates as listed above
- Your Personal RYA Logbook and RYA Theory packs
- Use of RYA Reference Books and navigation equipment
- Accommodation, food and use of Wet Weather Gear during the 5 Practical Live-aboard Weeks on the Yachts
- R 1 800 ENG1 Medical Examination fee payable to the Doctor
- R 5 130 Super Yacht Deck Hand (Recommended 3 day Course)
- RYA Fees are payable direct to RYA
- £ 60 GBP RYA fees for SRC Radio Certificate
- £ 200 GBP RYA fees for Yachtmaster Coastal Examination
- £ 33 GBP RYA fees for STCW / Commercial Endorsement
- Accommodation in Cape Town
During the 3 Theory Weeks, 35 Nights Accommodation On-shore is required in Cape Town.
Food and Transport is not include
- 15 December 2016
- 29 December 2016
- 09 March 2017
- 18 May 2017
- 27 July 2017
- 05 October 2017
Should the above dates not suit you, please contact us so we can try to accommodate you in a more convenient time frame.
Terms and Conditions apply. We reserve the right to change course content, dates and prices.