5 Week RYA Super Yacht Gap Year Package
No Previous Experience required
The RYA Super Yacht Gap Year Package gives you a broad range of sailing and super yachting certificates, which are currently considered the absolute minimum requirement for the budding sailor to enter the breath-taking world of the yachting industry.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a RYA / MCA Day Skipper certificate of competence which is valid for use as a Master of yachts during daylight hours in category 5 waters (up to 20nm from home port) as well as your PYA Super Yacht Deck hand or Steward/ess certificate.
This package includes the following modules:
- RYA Competent Crew Practical
- RYA Day Skipper Theory and Day Skipper Practical
- RYA Powerboat Level II
- RYA Short Range DSC VHF Radio
- RYA Diesel Engine Maintenance
- RYA Radar
- PYA Super Yacht Deckhand or Steward/ess
Duration: 5 weeks.
Total course fee:
Super Yacht Gap Year Package (Deckhand) - R42 690
Super Yacht Gap Year Package (Steward/ess) - R44 810 (For international transfers, please add R300 for bank fees)
- RYA theory packs and certificates.
- Your personal RYA logbook.
- Food, accommodation and use of wet weather gear during the 2 practical live-aboard weeks on the yachts.
Fees exclude: R2000 ENG1 Medical Exam (recommended pre-course requirement), RYA fees amounting to £60 as well as accommodation and food on shore in Cape Town.
Contact us now for course dates and availability or to tailor-make a program should the above package not suit your needs.
Terms and Conditions apply. We reserve the right to change course content, dates and prices.