15 Week RYA / MCA Yachtmaster Offshore
No Previous Experience required
If you are serious about learning to sail and your career in the professional yachting industry, thehe RYA / MCA Yachtmaster Offshore Certificate of Competence is the standard internationally recognised qualification.
This course is the foundation of your Career in the Yachting Industry and can be upgraded to RYA / MCA Yachtmaster Ocean Certificate of Competence which is a prerequisite for the MCA Officer of the Watch Qualification.
The RYA Yachtmaster Ocean Theory module can be added after your Course.
Yachtmaster Sailing School will develop your skills and ensure that you are given all the necessary training and experience needed before undertaking the qualifying Yachtmaster Offshore Examination.
Our school's twenty three years experience will ensure that you get the best training available under safe conditions and have fun doing it.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a commercially endorsed RYA / MCA Yachtmaster Ocean certificate of competence which is valid for use as a Master of yachts up to 200gt in category 1 waters (150nm from a safe haven).
- STCW 95 (2010 Manila)
- RYA Competent Crew
- RYA Day Skipper Theory
- RYA Day Skipper Practical
- RYA Yachtmaster Coastal / Offshore Theory
- RYA Coastal Skipper Practical
- RYA Powerboat Level II
- RYA Short Range DSC VHF Radio Certificate
- RYA Diesel Engine Maintenance
- RYA Radar
- PYA Super Yacht Deck Hand Course
- Online PPR
- You can include SA Sailing Coastal Skipper CoC (a small extra cost is payable)
The Course Outline
The course consists of our RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Course during which you will log 2500 Miles of thorough Sail Training on board our fully equipped 12 metre Yachts culminating in your RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Examination.
- Initial training will be in sheltered Saldanha Bay and Langebaan Lagoon which offers all the complexity and challenges which are needed for thorough practical training.
- Then you will do many short and medium distance passages along the challenging South African coast to develop your knowledge and ability in both Traditional and Electronic Coastal Navigation and Command Skills.
- In between, there is the training course on the Powerboat, and racing in our Flying Fifteen Keelboats to add excitement and competition to your sailing skills development.
- Your knowledge base and practical experience will be broadened by many short courses on different topics included in the course that are set out below.
- By the time you do your RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Examination, you will be a competent and confident Yachtmaster ready to take on the World.
The 15 Week Offshore Course Fee is:
R118 500 - Yachtmaster Sailing Courses
R 7 900 - STCW
R 5 130 - Super Yacht Deckhand
R 4 160 - PBII
R 1 000 - Online PPR
R136 690 - Total Course Fees incl VAT (Payable to Yachtmaster Sailing School)
Included in the Course fees is:
- All your training and Certificates as listed above
- Your Personal RYA Logbook and RYA Theory packs
- Use of RYA Reference Books and navigation equipment
- Accommodation, food and use of Wet Weather Gear is during the 11 Practical Live-aboard Weeks on the Yachts
- R 1 800 ENG1 Medical Examination fee payable to the Doctor
- RYA Fees are payable direct to RYA
- £ 60 GBP RYA fees for SRC Radio Certificate
- £ 231 GBP RYA fees for Yachtmaster Offshore Examination
- £ 33 GBP RYA fees for STCW / Commercial Endorsement
- Accommodation in Cape Town
During the 4 Theory Weeks, 42 Nights Accommodation On-shore is required in Cape Town.
Food and Transport is not included
- 13 October 2016
- 05 January 2017
- 16 March 2017
- 03 August 2017
Should the above dates not suit you, please contact us so we can try to accommodate you in a more convenient time frame.
Terms and Conditions apply. We reserve the right to change course content, dates and prices.