RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Coastal Skipper Practical
Put your theoretical knowledge from the Coastal/ Offshore Theory certification into practice as you take to the seas and perfect your skippering skills. While living aboard the yacht for six days, you’ll get a chance to practice your seamanship, boat handling, night sailing and coastal navigation and the development of leadership skills. Upon successful completion, you will be certified to act as a master of a small cruising yacht, less than 24m or 79ft and less than 200gt, safely by day and night in tidal waters.
What you’ll learn:
- Passage planning
- Preparation for sea
- Passage making and ability as skipper
- Yacht handling under power
- Yacht handling under sail
- Adverse weather conditions Emergency situations
Duration: 6 days
Total course fee: R9 500
- RYA theory packs and certificates.
- Your personal RYA logbook.
- Food, accommodation and use of wet weather gear during the practical live-aboard week on the yacht.
Contact us now for course dates and availability.
Once you have completed your RYA Yachtmaster Coastal Skipper Practical, you can either continue with the Exam Preparation & RYA Yachtmaster Coastal Exam or continue your training with the Skills Development & Mileage Practical weeks towards your RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Exam
Terms and Conditions apply. We reserve the right to change course content, dates and prices.